Please follow these steps to transfer to a new computer:
- Copy your data to the new computer. Exit PrintingPress on both computers and then use a network connection or a USB flash drive or DropBox folder to copy the entire “PrintingPress Extreme Data” folder from the Documents folder on the old computer to the Documents folder on the new computer. Note that you cannot copy the data when the software is running.
- Copy your fonts to the new computer. Use a network connection or a USB flash drive or DropBox folder to copy all the fonts in the Windows\Fonts folder on the old computer to the Windows\Fonts folder on the new computer.
- Install PrintingPress on the new computer. Insert the USB flash drive installer on the new computer and follow the instructions to install the software.
- Download and install updates on the new computer. When the software offers to download and install updates, click Install Now. If you do not see the option, choose Check for Updates in the Help menu and click the Check Now button and then click Install.
- Deactivate the software on the old computer. Once you see the software up and running on the new computer with your data accessible, run the software on the old computer and choose About PrintingPress in the Help menu. Click the Deactivate button and email the deactivation code to us.
- Activate the software on the new computer. Once you have deactivated the software on the old computer you can request a new activation key for the new computer. You have 30 days to request the new key before the software locks you out. Even if you get locked out, your data will still be there when you enter the activation key.